Raw Chocolate Avocado Mousse With DoTERRA Essential Oils
This raw chocolate avocado mousse is perfect for any occasion, and if you don’t tell anyone it’s made from avocado, they’ll never know! Isn’t avocado an awesomely versatile super food? You’ve got to love it – especially in this recipe! 🙂
I’ve made this raw avocado mousse plenty of times over the past few years for various people, and they’ve all been surprised when I’ve told them it’s made from avocado. Even those strange people who don’t like avocado love this mousse! It’s not avocado-y at all. It just tastes like a delicious chocolate dessert.
I’d advise you not to tell them what it’s made from until after they’ve eaten it! 😉
This recipe is really quick and easy to make, so scroll on down to get started…
Raw Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- 3 large avocados
- 2 large tablespoons of raw honey
- 2 large tablespoons of organic palm sugar or rapadura sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence (real – not imitation!)
- 2 large tablespoons of organic virgin coconut oil
- 2 heaped tablespoons of raw cacao or raw carob powder (raw & organic)
- quarter of a teaspoon of Tamari
- quarter of a teaspoon of Balsamic vinegar
- 4 drops of Wild Orange or other DoTERRA essentail oil (optional)
The how to:
Place all ingredient into a strong blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Refrigerate and then enjoy. This is sooooo good. Make sure you taste it before serving to make sure it’s sweet enough for you as ‘large’ avocados can be different sizes and so you might need to add a bit more coconut sugar or honey.
- Add 4-6 drops (or more to taste) of DoTERRA Wild Orange essential oil – it goes soooooo well with chocolate! OR other essential oils that you could try are Peppermint, Cardamom, Cinnamon…. Mmmmm….
- Use whatever sweeteners suit you. A few options are stevia, maple syrup, date syrup, coconut nectar. If you prefer it less sweet, cut down on the sweeteners.