DōTERRA Recipes: Chocolate Truffles Made With Avocado
If you’re looking for DōTERRA recipes, this one is a beauty! Perfect for Christmas or any special occasion, when I first tried these chocolate truffles made with avocado and chocolate, and flavoured with DōTERRA essential oils, I was like ‘OMG! These are SO good!’
You would have NO idea that these contain avocado…
So these yummy truffles are pretty quick to make, but a little fiddly at the end. If you’re not into fiddly, they might drive you a bit nuts…. To be honest, I’m not into fiddly either. I couldn’t do a huge batch at once, but I can CAN cope with a small batch…
They’re worth it! 🙂
You’ll find the basic recipe below which is primarily chocolate, avocado and your chosen essential oil for flavour, mine yesterday was Wild Orange. But think outside the box. There are soooo many variables that you could use to change these up!
A few suggestions spring to mind…
Roll those babies in something awesome!
Roll your truffles in:
- chopped nuts
- fruit powder (try this Camu Camu powder for a super healthy, high Vitamin C addition. Yum!)
Mix up your chocolates and add some colour!
Mix it up by using white chocolate instead of dark to coat your truffles, add designs by drizzling other coloured chocolate over them, or dip part of your completed truffle for a half and half effect.
You could even flavour the chocolate for dipping or drizzling with other essential oils. For example:
- A Wild Orange center with a Lemon drizzle…
- A Peppermint center dipped in Spearmint…
- A Ginger center drizzled with Tangerine…
You get the picture huh?
I’m gonna have to try some of these. They sound amazing!
DōTERRA Recipes: So which oils can I use to flavour chocolate?
There are loads of DōTERRA essential oils that can be used for flavouring, but some will obviously go better with chocolate than others but again, think outside the box. You’ve got plenty of choices.
It depends on individual taste, but here are some suggestions that could work with chocolate:
- Wild Orange
- Green mandarin
And even potentially a few blends such as Zendocrine (I used that in the icing of a cake once by accident – it was supposed to be Wild Orange but I grabbed the wrong bottle and added it my chocolate icing – the result was a flavour kind of like Turkish Delight…). You could even try Smart & Sassy or On Guard if you’re keen!
These are the ramblings of an inspired mind! But I’m always up for experimenting. 😉
Now head on down and check out the recipe. ➡
Chocolate Avocado Truffles Flavoured With DōTERRA Essential Oils
- 1 small avocado
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Pinch salt
- 8 drops Wild Orange essential oil
- Another 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips to coat truffles
The how to:
- Melt the first cup of chocolate in a double boiler or in a bowl over a pot of hot water.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and scoop the flesh into a bowl then mash well.
- Add the chocolate, vanilla, salt and essential oil to the mashed avocado and combine thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the mixture for at least an hour.
- Melt the second lot of chocolate.
- Scoop small amounts of the chocolate/avocado mixture and make into small rounds, then dip into the liquid chocolate until coated.
- Place each one onto baking paper then refrigerate once all the mixture is used up.
Want healthier truffles?
If you don’t want to use commercial chocolate chips that are full of sugar, don’t panic, there are other options.
There are always other options!
Use these pure Cacao Melts from Changing Habits. They are organic, natural chocolate, unsweetened and a seriously healthy option. You can then add the sweetener of your choice, be that stevia, monk fruit, date syrup or maple syrup or whatever works for you.
I personally would sweeten the avocado chocolate mixture with probably a mixture of stevia and either date, coconut or maple syrup, or even honey and then leave the outside coating as the pure, dark, bitter chocolate with maybe a touch of salt.
✅ If you need to grab yourself some DōTERRA essential oils so you can try these amazing truffles, take a look at my page where I walk you through how to buy DōTERRA oils. On that page you’ll see that you have the option of buying either wholesale or retail (which I explain) and if you have questions, please get in touch.
Also, please NEVER use other brands of essential oils internally. They are NOT the same.
Let me know in the comments if you make these yummy truffles and what variations you use. I’d love to hear how you go with them!